I would like a shortcut on the home screen of my phone. Is that possible? Off course:
For iPhone and iPad devices
For Android phones and tablets
You can create a shortcut to https://www.addisoncrisis.info/ on the homescreen of your iPhone. A shortcut like this is called a web clip and looks like a regular app icon. Th moment when you tap the icon, you will find that you do not open an app, but that a webpage opens in Safari. It gives the impression that it is an app. Unfortunately the website does not work while offline. Here is how you make a web clip:
- In Safari, visit thttps://www.addisoncrisis.info/, then touch the action button.
- On the popup menu, touch the “Add to Home Screen” option.
- Change the name to suit you. Don’t choose a name that’s too long because it needs to fit under a standard icon.
- Touch the Add button when you’re ready.
- You’ll return to the home screen, which is now showing a new icon.
- Open the browser on your Android-device (Google Chrome).
- Go to https://www.addisoncrisis.info
Hit the settings button – it’s three vertical dots, locating in the top right of the screen – from here press the start symbol.
Pressing the star symbol will bring you into the bookmarks menu. From here you can edit the web page’s name and select which bookmarks folder you want to save it into.
From here go back to the Browser settings menu, and then open the Bookmarks folder. From here locate your newly created bookmark and press and hold your finger on the bookmark you want to place on your home screen. Once you’ve done this you will see a new menu appear and in the list will be an option Add to Home screen. Press this option.
That’s it. You’ve done it. All you need to do know is move the bookmark to where you want it on your home screen. This can be done by pressing + holding + dragging the your new bookmark icon.
We will be adding and updating more languages to this website soon . With a handy icon on your homescreen you will have an handy app on your mobile phone.
Also in: Dutch